Friday, October 03, 2008

Lego Award Winners

My wife decided to have the kids enter there creations in the local fair this year. We looked through the fair book and found the Lego category. This excited both of them. My daughter decided to create the "Golden Castle" and proceeded to sort out all the yellow bricks she could find in our vast Lego collection. She spent at least a whole month adding and changing things until she came to this entry:

She was excited when we went to pick up the entries that she had won!

Meanwhile, my son could not decide on what he wanted to make. He put a bunch things together and would say, "I am going to enter this," and later tear it apart and create something different. So, the day we were going to take the entries to the fair he pulls this out:

And wins honorable mention as well to boot. I know probably everyone got this award that entered, but not the message I want to send to a 5 year old: throw it together at the last minute and you win. My wife agreed with me- not his best work.

No comments: